THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUBMITTING A RESPONSE TO THIS REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS TO HOMER TOWNSHIP ON OR BEFORE THE STATED TIME AND DATE WILL BE SOLEY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT
Homer Township (the “Township”), located in Will County, Illinois, is soliciting Statements of Interest and Qualifications from qualified firms to provide Architectural Services, per the Local Government Professional Services Selection Act (50 ILCS 510/), to assist the Township in its efforts of exploring the construction of a civic center for to service its residents, host sports for the disabled and the overall community and needs of the Township.
This Request for Qualifications (“R.F.Q.”) is not an Invitation for Bid; responses will be evaluated based on the relative merits of the applicant’s Qualifications. There will be no public opening for the reading of the responses received by the Township pursuant to this request.
Introduction and Scope:
The goal of this project is to construct a 10,000-square-foot civic center located at 15744 W. 151st Street, Homer Glen, IL 60491, Homer Glen, Illinois The purpose of this R.F.Q. process is to identify the most qualified licensed firms and individuals offering a cost-effective design/build solution to our civic center project. The firm ultimately selected by the Township will provide full design/building services for the design and construction of the new civic center as directed by Homer Township. A land survey is attached to this R.F.Q.
This project will be assigned to the applicant whose qualifications are most consistent with the Township’s plan for the Site and who exhibits the greatest ability to generate a sustainable building. The Township will give priority to applicants with experience, financial strength, and a demonstrated track record in undertaking high-quality, non-profit, and public facility projects. The applicant will be responsible for the overall development of the Site. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to leading the effort in design, oversight, development project financing, construction, leasing, and delivery.
The selected applicant may be requested to attend meetings with Homer Township’s staff and/or the Governing Board to discuss the design of the center, budgetary matters, scheduling considerations, and other matters related to the project.
The initial conceptual drawings will include: 1) exterior drawings depicting elevations and major features; and 2) interior drawings depicting the general layout of rooms within the facility. These drawings are to loosely incorporate the standards and features listed in Exhibit A; however, Exhibit A is subject to change at the discretion of the Township.
Details of the Site include the following:
|Property Location||15744 W. 151st Street, Homer Glen, IL 60491|
|Building Use||Civic Center for residents and sports games for the disabled|
|Building Size||10,000 sq ft.|
|Anticipated Project Dates||Design drawings: November 1, 2023Pre-engineered building purchase order: November/December 2024Construction documents for bidding and permit: January/February 2024Commence construction: March 2024Substantial completion: March/April 2025|
Responses must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. CST on September 7, 2023. Late responses WILL NOT be accepted. It is each applicant’s responsibility to ensure the timely delivery of its response, regardless of the method used. Mailed responses that are delivered after the submission deadline will not be accepted regardless of the post-marked time on the envelope.
An original response must be sent or delivered to the following:
ATTN: Vicki Bozen, Township Clerk
14350 W. 151st Street
Homer Glen, IL 60491
The response must be clearly marked with the following title as well as the date and time of receipt:
R.F.Q. Response to Homer Township Civic Center
The proposal must contain all the information and be organized as requested in this R.F.Q. Failure to follow these instructions may result in rejection of the proposal. Applicants assume all costs associated with the proposal, updating or supplementation of information, due diligence efforts, and responding to any requests for information, interviews, and other items prior to the execution of a contract or agreement for the development of the Site. The Township is under no obligation to proceed with the development of the Site. Submitting a proposal in no way confers upon the applicant any position, privilege, or preference as it relates to the development of the Site.
Each applicant must state that the proposal is valid for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of the proposal.
Each applicant must submit one (1) original and seven (7) copies of the proposal. The original must be unbound, have no holes punched in the page, and be suitable for processing through a copying machine. The response should be on 8 1/2” x 11” paper, single-sided. Maps and graphics may be submitted on paper up to 11”x17” and folded into the response. All copies should be bound in a manner that would facilitate the separation of any financial statements that the applicant considers to be proprietary or confidential. Any proprietary or confidential financial statements shall be clearly marked as such by the applicant.
Each developer is expected to fully inform itself as to the conditions, requirements, and specifications before submitting proposals. Failure to do so will be at each developer’s risk. Submitting a response will be deemed an acknowledgment that the applicant is familiar with all conditions set forth herein and intends to comply with them unless otherwise noted.
No applicant will be selected that is in arrears or is in default to the Township upon any debt or contract, or that is a defaulter, as surety or otherwise, upon any obligation to the Township or that has failed to perform faithfully any previous contract with the Township, or other governmental agency.
Responses to this R.F.Q. should include all Proposal Requirements listed in Section B.
The Township will only consider applicants who demonstrate that their units are cited in an environmentally responsive manner and in compliance with the applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations and provide proof of insurance.
Final terms will be negotiated following the completion of the R.F.Q. process. It is the intent of the specifications, terms, and conditions contained herein to describe the requirements and process for this procurement.
- Content Requirements
R.F.Q. response submittals must contain the following minimum specifications and requirements arranged in order. Additional information may be included if deemed pertinent by the applicant. The Township will not evaluate or consider submittals missing one or more of the following submittal materials:
- Statement of Qualifications and Interest: Provide a signed statement of qualifications with the name and address of the applicant, expressing interest and capability to perform the work.
- Firm Description- Please provide the following:
- The name, phone number, and email address of the primary contact person for this project;
- General information on the overall firm (office locations, number of architects, specialized areas of practice, number of years in the business, experience developing municipal buildings, and overall government buildings;
- The Applicant must designate one office to serve the Township in the event that the project is awarded to an applicant who has multiple offices. Please state the staffing levels of the proposed designated office (number of architects, designers), as well as the names of the key personnel who will work on the Township project and their relevant governmental building project experience);
- Any previous names of the firm and years of business under each name;
- The names and addresses of all local government clients for which you have provided architectural services in the last five years, including a description of the type of architectural services you provided;
- Samples of past architectural work for townships, municipalities, or any unit of local government;
- List the names and addresses of any unit of local government provider who previously terminated the firm (current or former names), or any key personnel listed in subsection (c), and the reason for termination;
- A list of any litigation, arbitration, and alternative dispute resolutions in which the firm (current or former names) or any key personnel listed in subsection (c) were involved, and the final result of same;
- A copy of the firm’s certification of insurance indicating the following minimum coverage:
- General liability ($1 million/ $2 million)
- Automotive liability ($1 million)
- Professional liability ($1 million)
- Provide a minimum of three references from municipalities or units of local government.
The Township will evaluate all proposals, and will evaluate based on the following criteria:
- Compliance with all R.F.Q. requirements
- Number of years in the market
- Experience administering programs that serve non-profit and public facilities
- Overall program plan for performing required services
- Demonstrated expertise
- Competitive cost proposal
- Demonstrate solid communication skills with Township staff
- Professional references
- Selection Process
The Township will evaluate all R.F.Q. submissions and rank them based on expertise, performance, qualifications, cost-effectiveness, and other evaluation factors set forth above in this R.F.Q.
The Township reserves the right to but is not obligated to request and require that any or all Proposals provide a formal presentation of its Proposal at a date and time to be determined mutually. The purpose of the oral presentation shall be to permit the Township to fully understand and assess the qualifications of the applicant.
Notwithstanding the above, the Township would like to have the following schedule:
- Submissions due; evaluation of qualifications begin: September 7, 2023, 4:00 p.m. CST.
- Successful short-listed and unsuccessful firms notified: September 12, 2023.
- Interviews with short-listed firms: September 21, 2023.
- Proposed Board action on a firm to provide services: October 16, 2023.
- General Terms and Conditions:
- Sub-consultants (e.g., mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, etc.) should not be included in the submittal.
- All costs associated with developing or submitting a response to the R.F.Q., or obtaining clarification of its content, shall be borne by the Applicant. Homer Township assumes no responsibility for these costs. This R.F.Q. does not commit Homer Township to pay any costs incurred in preparation or submission of a response or in anticipation of a contract.
- This R.F.Q. does not commit Homer Township to enter into a contract. Homer Township reserves the right to award one, more than one, or no contract in response to this R.F.Q. Homer Township. reserves the right to waive informalities and irregularities in the submissions of qualifications received. Homer Township also reserves the right to terminate this R.F.Q. and re-issue a subsequent solicitation, and/or remedy technical errors in the R.F.Q. process.
- The contract, if awarded, will be awarded to the Applicant whose submittal is deemed most advantageous to the Township as determined by the selection committee, upon approval of the Governing Board of Homer Township.
- Homer Township reserves the right to contact any Applicant for clarification, interviews or to negotiate if such is deemed desirable by Homer Township.
- The firm’s services and products provided shall conform with all federal state and local laws, codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Any drawings, plans, or other information (“Materials”) submitted concerning the proposed civic center shall become the property of Homer Township. By submitting a response to this R.F.Q., the Applicant acknowledges it is giving Homer Township and any third party with which Homer Township may contract concerning the facility (“Third Party”), permission and a non-exclusive license to use, modify, reproduce, display, distribute or transmit the Materials for the civic center. Applicant further acknowledges that any such action by Homer Township or Third Party does not subject Homer Township or Third Party to any royalty, license, usage, or other fee(s), or claims of copyright, trademark, or trade secrets infringement, or other claims concerning the Materials.
Any questions regarding this R.F.Q. may be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5, 2023, at 4:00 p.m. CST.
R.F.Q.- EXHIBIT A
The Township’s civic center will have a total square footage of approximately 10,000 sq. ft.
It will need:
- Multi-purpose room which should have an 8 ft high masonry wainscot with a full liner panel above
- An entrance lobby
- Concession/kitchen for employees
- Approximately 2 toilet rooms
- Approximately no office rooms
- Approximately no storage rooms
- Janitors’ closet
- Fire sprinkler/electric room
- Employee and guest parking
- A handicapped drop-off/pick-up entrance road to an exterior entrance canopy
- Handicapped accessible gardening area
- Bicycle racks
- Trash enclosure