This parcel of land is located on the North side of 151st Street
between Cedar Road & Gougar Road.
15744 W. 151st Street, Lockport
(For navigational purposes only. No mail service available)
Welter Farm was on Bell Road just south of 143rd Street. The front part of the farm was purchased by the Township for the Senior Housing project. The deconstruction of the (Austin) Welter Barn was performed by Preservation Trades, Inc. in October, 2002, as requested by Homer Township. The original three-bay, hand-hewn oak, c 1850 English style barn was considered an historic building worthy of preservation (see top photo). The Welter Barn is a beautiful example of the craftsmanship and pride of the community’s forbearers and is the well-received centerpiece of the Trantina Farm complex where community events and future generations can enjoy the history and function.
Infrastructure improvements include a covered pavilion, a screen house, parking lots, latrine, picnic areas, playground, walking & equestrian trails, a dog park, wetland & prairie restoration.